(3.4 M)EPUB

The swastika, the earliest known symbol, and its migrations : with observations on the migration of certain industries in prehistoric times (1896)

fullscreen
Author: Wilson, Thomas, 1832-1902; United States. National Museum. Annual Report. 1894
Subject: Swastikas
Publisher: Washington, D.C
Call number: AIF-8454
Digitizing sponsor: MSN
Book contributor: Robarts - University of Toronto
Collection: robarts; toronto

Average Rating: 5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars

Reviewer: Quimby the Talentless Mouse - - September 9, 2007
Subject: Interesting
.

Reviewer: mr_loophead - 5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars - September 6, 2007
Subject: Truth!
I have always had an attraction to the swastika - or symbols associated with, or look like, a swastika. It wasn't until I was older that I learned the history of the symbol which I grew to love more and more.

I'm glad that this publication is here to put truth to the history of a symbol which was bastardized by the Germans during the war. I wear the symbol proudly and offer the truth to anyone that questions why I am a 'nazi' when I wear a tshirt that has a swastika on it. The t-shirt was designed by Manwoman.

Thanks for posting this!

edit: Quimby, [sigh], grow up already.

Selected metadata

Identifier: theswastika00wilsuoft
Copyright-evidence-operator: scanner-Liz-Ridolfo
Copyright-region: US
Copyright-evidence: Evidence reported by scanner-Liz-Ridolfo for item theswastika00wilsuoft on Jun 5, 2006; no visible notice of copyright and date found; stated date is 18--; not published by the US government; Have not checked for notice of renewal in the Copyright renewal records.
Copyright-evidence-date: 2006-06-05 17:17:32
Scanningcenter: uoft
Mediatype: texts
Operator: scanner-Lisa-Dondale
Scanner: uoft7